This weekend i got to see my auntie D. She and Casey came to play with me while mommy and daddy worked with a trainer to figure out how to get wrigley to relax a little. she disrupts my meals quite a bit because i have to know what she's going so wild about.

Over the past week i've developed quite a bit. Mommy is always scrambling for the camera to capture it for you all, and sometimes she gets it. other times she doesn't even try because it's out of reach and i'm just too fun to watch :)
I'm becoming pretty proficient at...
- Talking. Did you hear the summary i gave of our vacation to Door County? as you could see, i'm quite the talker :) my favorite things to say are Ba Ba Na Da Ma, and i mix 'em all up. But sometimes i say Ma Ma and Da Da. I talk the most with my pacifier in my mouth, while gnawing on the end.
- Groaning. When i get tired, i am really good at groaning. Grandma said mommy used to do that when she was a baby too...I moan quite a bit, and i make it sound like it's a lot of work, but it doesn't look hard - if you didn't know it was me making the noises, you'd never guess it by looking at me ;)
- Smacking. I like to make smacking noises with my lips (like mommy does after she puts on some chapstick). I also like to make my bottom lip disappear and suck on it.
- Crawling. against her better judgement, Mommy has been "encouraging" me to crawl. If you put something in front of me, i'll squirm a bit to get to it, but i'll
mostlydefinitely go in a circle. Sometimes, if i'm on a blanket, i'll use that to my advantage and pull the blanket to get whatever i want closer. i'm pretty smart, i tell you. If I really want it, then i'll do a modified inchworm/army crawl. Especially if you put the remote just out of reach. Or my pacifier. Oh hey - while mommy was writing this for me, i was practicing. turns out i've perfected my crawl. - Grabbing. I've just started to grab onto things to start standing. watch out, people! I also like to grab hair (on mommy's head, daddy's arm, and all over wrigley), mommy/daddy's plates and glasses, and for sure my pacifier.
- Following. I've learned that when i drop something, it's still there - and I follow it most of the time. Like when I drop my pacifier, i'll look for it. and if i can see it, i reach for it. Then, when i get it, i like to chew on it for a while, and then finally put it in the right way. I also toss toys off my exersaucer, and then stand on my tiptoes to see where they went.
- Reading. I really like to read my books. I like to open and close them and flip the pages. Who said you need to read the book in order? :)
- Eating. More specifically? Paper. Especially my daily reports from daycare and the mail. I like to "help" mommy out by lightening her load. And then I taste it.
- Hitting/Banging. I love to hit the floor, especially if the computer's down there.
- Growing. Just the other day daddy was saying he remembers when i was "this small." Look how big i've gotten! I weigh almost 20 lbs - my official 6-mo appt isn't until Oct 5, so we'll have "official" measurements then.


Make sure you look for more pictures in the future, for proof of all my advanced development. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment