Today I had to go back and see Joan, the milk lady. She watched as mommy fed me on one side, then the other. I ate 4 ounces in one sitting! That's an awful lot for someone my age (just over one week old).
Joan said I did very well, and fact since I gained so much weight since just last Friday, I don't have to come back to see her anymore. Babies my age are supposed to gain ~6 oz per week...I gained 6 oz over the weekend! Mommy and Daddy are very happy I caught on so quickly. They didn't want to have to feed me from bottles until I was good and happy getting my milk from mommy :) No sense in adding more confusion to what they started in the NICU.
This is what my belly looks like after I've had a good feeding. How much milk do you think is in there??
And this is how I feel after I'm done:
Joan said i am such a cute baby, and the only problem with her taking me home is that she couldn't feed me ;) I think I've got her wrapped around my pinky! tee hee.
Mommy and Daddy took me for my first stroller ride around the neighborhood today. I like stroller rides just as much as car rides. Soon after we're started, I doze off.

No comments:
Post a Comment